2014 Ezzy Taka 4.5 Blue
We have added this product to your Wishlist!
To save your wishlist so you can view and add to it on future visits, enter your email address below and we'll email you a login link.
Your Wishlist has been saved!
Sorry, we couldn't save your Wishlist. Please try again and contact us if you still encounter problems.
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails 2014 Ezzy Taka 4.5 BlueDAVID EZZY explains the TAKA I designed the three batten Taka to be a pure wave sail. Its light in the hands and rides waves better than any sail Ihave ever used. During the Takas developmental phase, there was always a fight between Kevin, Graham and me, on who got to use the Taka proto...
DAVID EZZY explains the TAKA
I designed the three batten Taka to be a pure wave sail. Its light in the hands and rides waves better than any sail Ihave ever used. During the Takas developmental phase, there was always a fight between Kevin, Graham and me, on who got to use the Taka proto that day.The Taka goes neutral in the top turn which allows you to focus on your board. This results in a much more dynamic cutback, or whatever move you desire off the top.
The Taka is designed for light to medium wind wave sailing and can be set really full for super light wind. Although the Taka can comfortably handle quite a lot of wind, I do not recommend sailing it way over-powered. Its better to go with a smaller size. For example, the 4.5 Taka is as powerful as a standard 4.7, the 4.9 Taka has the power of a 5.3 and the 5.4 Taka is as powerful as most 5.7s.
The Taka retains the control, balance and soft feel that defines my sails. In fact, sailing in a straight line, I dont notice the taka being any less stable than the four batten Elite. Ive kept the construction and materials of the Taka similar to the Elite. This includes a Technora leech, Color Fusion center and Spectra X Film body. To get the true performance out of the Taka, you need to rig it correctly.
We rig and calibrate all Takas, so that you can easily and accurately set the downhaul. The Taka is designed to rig only on Ezzy masts. So, if you are serious about your wave sailing and want to get more radical off the top, the Taka will help. I know it has for me.
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS Epoxy battens
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- 2013 100% Technora Warp Scrim, White and Colour fusion Trilite and Spectra X-Film,High Density Spectra X-Film
- Removable stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley which can be replaced with a D-ring
- Very tough?mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endrobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
|2014 Taka||Luff||Boom||Boom||No. of||Ezzy Mast||Extension|
Click Here for Taka Rigging Video
Download Taka Rigging Guide HERE
2014 Ezzy Taka 4.5 Blue