2017 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten Green
We have added this product to your Wishlist!
To save your wishlist so you can view and add to it on future visits, enter your email address below and we'll email you a login link.
Your Wishlist has been saved!
Sorry, we couldn't save your Wishlist. Please try again and contact us if you still encounter problems.
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails 2017 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten GreenEvery year, for over 30 years, David Ezzy worries about what he can do to improve his sails. He describes sail design as crawling around a pitch black room, trying to figure out what the furniture looks like—a painfully slow process, requiring patience and science. Change one aspect of the...
Every year, for over 30 years, David Ezzy worries about what he can do to improve his sails. He describes sail design as crawling around a pitch black room, trying to figure out what the furniture looks like—a painfully slow process, requiring patience and science. Change one aspect of the sail, test it, learn from the test, and then try again. Year to year, improvements can be small refinements or significant changes to the sail.
The 2017 marks a fundamental improvement for the Elite. The new sail inspires us to sail better and to rig up quicker to get more time on the water. We feel the new luff panel makes the Elite more maneuverable without any tradeoffs. And the biggest change is a secret new construction process, which makes the Elite feel lighter in our hands—and it gets planing more quickly too.
The Elite’s philosophy is to be the perfect all-around sail—we use the Elite for flatwater fun to bump-n-jump to high-performance onshore to radical down-the-line. The Elite is our go-to sail, so we need it to be easy. The wide wind range allows us to carry fewer sails which makes packing the car less of a head-ache. And the calibrated rigging system means we can have perfectly accurate tuning in seconds, so we spend less time rigging and more time on the water.
To insure our quality, we make the Elite in our own factory. And like every Ezzy sail, the Elite is rigged,calibrated, and thoroughly checked before it goes in the bag and out the door.We found that the lightweight, easy-to-sail, quick- to-get-going feeling of the Elite inspired us to spend more time on the water. It will for you too.
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS®Epoxy battens
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter.
- 100% Technora® Warp Scrim, Trilite and Spectra® X-Film,High Density Spectra® X-Film
- Removable custom 316 marine grade stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley (swap to D Ring)
- Weft-Stop Sleeve tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
Ezzy 2017 Elite Specs
|Size Sq.M||Luff Min-Max
||Min Boom||Max Boom||Ezzy Mast Base/Top||Extension||Battens|
See 2017 Elite Catalogue HERE
See 2017 Rigging Guide HERE
See Calibrated Downhaul guide HERE
2017 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten Green