2017 Ezzy Taka3 Red
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails 2017 Ezzy Taka3 RedOn Maui is a shed full of Taka-3 prototypes that we will neither sell nor sail. Influenced by both the scientific method and the intuition gained after 35 years of making wave sails, we tested and tested and re-tested tweaked versions of last year's sail trying to make it better. A bad...
On Maui is a shed full of Taka-3 prototypes that we will neither sell nor sail. Influenced by both the scientific method and the intuition gained after 35 years of making wave sails, we tested and tested and re-tested tweaked versions of last year's sail trying to make it better. A bad prototype taught us what not to do. And we followed the ones that felt great until we had a sail worthy enough to carry on the “taka” tradition of being a lightweight, easy-to- depower, 3-batten wave sail. We called it the Taka-3. The most obvious of the technical changes smoothly made to the Taka-3 is the strategically placed scrim luff panel for a softer, more forgiving feel. “Oh behave, baby!” The Taka-3 does just that in strong wind: no flutter, no movement of draft...just a well behaved, super smooth ride. But what really sets the Taka-3 apart from any other sail is the awesome low-end.
We found ourselves moving around on the 4.5 when other sailors were sinking on 5.3's. Just set the downhaul to the “min 2” with our calibrated downhaul gauge and use the shortest outhaul guide cord to make the Taka-3 ride like a sail one or two sizes bigger. You get the power of a larger sail with the control of a smaller sail. What more could you ask of a wave sail? Funny you should ask... We did too, and we focused our R&D on finding just the right amount the profile should adjust during wave riding.
The Taka-3 luffs when you sheet out, so you can smoothly kill the power in a cutback and push harder on your board. When you drive into your next bottom turn, the Taka comes back to life with power. We meticulously cut, stick, and sew the Taka-3in our very own factory. After sewing, we rig, calibrate the downhaul gauge, and thoroughly check every sail before we slip it in the bag.
If you are as serious about wave riding as we the Taka-3 is for you
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS Epoxy battens
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- 100% Technora Warp Scrim, White and Colour fusion Trilite and Spectra X-Film,High Density Spectra X-Film
- Removable stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley which can be replaced with a D-ring
- Very tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endrobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no amming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
|2017 Taka3||Luff Min||Luff Max||Boom||Boom||No. of||Ezzy Mast||Extension|
2017 Ezzy Taka3 Red