2018 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten Black
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails 2018 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten BlackThe Elite is our “desert island” sail—our choice for every kind of condition, from flat-water to double-mast high surf. Building an all-weather sail is much more challenging than building a sail with a single sailing style. The Elite needs to be maneuverable enough to rip up...
The Elite is our “desert island” sail—our choice for every kind of condition, from flat-water to double-mast high surf. Building an all-weather sail is much more challenging than building a sail with a single sailing style. The Elite needs to be maneuverable enough to rip up sideshore waves at Gnaraloo and onshore waves in Dutch Inne. The Elite must be powerful enough to deal with the strong current and gusty winds in the North Atlantic and stable enough to have fun when the winds blow hard but the water is flat. The only way to design something so complicated and multi-faceted as the Elite is by focusing on one refinement at a time. The latest Elite is the culmination of decades of R&D. During the creation of the first edition of the Elite, we developed the calibrated rigging system to take the guess work out of rigging, and we were able to implement that system in all of our other sails. Every single aspect of the Elite has a purpose and a story behind it. Through adjusting the shape and the materials, we have found a way to create a sail that feels on the hundredth day the same way it did right out of the bag—no loss of performance over time due to deformation. And at the same time, we work every year to expand the wind range one or two knots so we don’t need to re-rig as often. Further, tweaks in the material reduce the sail's weight or make it quicker to get planing. We build the Elite in our very own factory because that is the only way we can insure 100% Ezzy quality. Every single sail is rigged, calibrated, and thoroughly checked before it goes in the bag and out the door. At its heart, the Elite is a sail made for windsurfers who love windsurfing-in all conditions.
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS®Epoxy battens
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter.
- 100% Technora® Warp Scrim, Trilite and Spectra® X-Film,High Density Spectra® X-Film
- Removable custom 316 marine grade stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley (swap to D Ring)
- Weft-Stop Sleeve tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
Ezzy 2018 Elite Specs
|Size Sq.M||Luff Min-Max
||Min Boom||Max Boom||Ezzy Mast Base/Top||Extension||Battens|
See 2018 Elite Catalogue HERE
See 2017 Rigging Guide HERE
See Calibrated Downhaul guide HERE
2018 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten Black