2019 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten Red
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails 2019 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten RedThe Elite carries 35 years of Hookipa heart and soul: a sail that is strong and light, planes quickly, and remains ultra controllable even in the most hardcore conditions. Ezzy sailors trust the Elite. It has the power to drive through currents when the wind is onshore, but it is maneuverable...
The Elite carries 35 years of Hookipa heart and soul: a sail that is strong and light, planes quickly, and remains ultra controllable even in the most hardcore conditions. Ezzy sailors trust the Elite. It has the power to drive through currents when the wind is onshore, but it is maneuverable enough to rip ip the waves on the way in—and land backloops on the way back out. And, the sail remains balanced and stable both on the wave and also over the chop in bump-n-jump seas. Each year, the Elite changes in small adjustments that combine to create an elegant evolution over time. By adjusting the construction, this year we are able to make the sail feel lighter while at the same time being stronger in the clew, a traditional area of weakness for hardcore wave sails. We work on every aspect of the Elite to be perfect from rigging to carving. We developed the calibrated rigging system so that anyone can get perfect tuning in seconds. Like all our sails, we build the Elite in our very own factory because that is the only way we can insure 100% Ezzy quality. Each Elite is rigged, calibrated, and inspected in our factory before going out the door to sailors all over the world. We treasure the trust you place in us, and in return we give you the Elite.
WHAT MAKES THE ELITE DIFFERENT?
The Elite is our #1 selling sail. The Elite is built for purpose--to perform in every kind of wave sailing condition. The Elite is a balance of power and maneuverability.
The Elite is made to perform no matter the conditions. We test the Elite in Gran Canaria, Denmark, Hawaii, Japan, South Africa, and in every kind of wave sailing imaginable.
The Elite is built to withstand the daily beatings that a hardcore wave sail must endure, like big waves, sharp rocks, and coral reefs. The Elite comes from a lifetime of sailmaking knowledge applied to get maximum strength while reducing weight.
When the conditions are good, you want to get on the water as fast as possible and have your sail rigged perfectly. Traditionally, this is a tradeoff. But with the Elite's calibrated rigging, you can tune your downhaul in seconds. Each and every sail is rigged and calibrated in the Ezzy Sails factory. Simply, downhaul till the bottom of your mast lines up with the desired setting: Max, Mid, Min 1, or Min 2 (for extra light winds).
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS®Epoxy battens
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter (SDM).
- 100% Technora® Warp Scrim, Trilite and Spectra® X-Film,High Density Spectra® X-Film
- Removable custom 316 marine grade stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley (swap to D Ring)
- Weft-Stop Sleeve tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
Ezzy 2019 Elite Specs
|Size Sq.M||Luff Min-Max
||Min Boom||Max Boom||Ezzy Mast Base/Top||Extension||Battens|
2019 Ezzy Elite 4 Batten Red