Ezzy 2020 Zeta 5 Batten Blue White
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails Ezzy 2020 Zeta 5 Batten Blue WhiteYou might remember David Ezzy’s North Zeta from the late 80’s and early 90’s. The original Zeta shocked windsurfing back then by being the first 5-batten wave sail. Fast forward a few decades and some intensive R&D, and the Ezzy Zeta rides again. The Zeta’s...
You might remember David Ezzy’s North Zeta from the late 80’s and early 90’s. The original Zeta shocked windsurfing back then by being the first 5-batten wave sail. Fast forward a few decades and some intensive R&D, and the Ezzy Zeta rides again.
The Zeta’s constant drive and easy acceleration make the Zeta the perfect sail for onshore waveriding and bump’n’jump conditions. The Zeta’s stable profile gets going right off the beach.
In fact, the Zeta is Graham Ezzy’s sail of choice for all professional wave competitions: “When I’m competing, I have only 12 minutes in each heat to do all my jumps, wave rides, and tricks. I need a sail that planes early and flies around fast so that I can make the best use of every minute of my heat. The Zeta has constant power that drives through the lulls, currents, and chop so that I am always planing even when the conditions are tough. The luff panel allows the Zeta to de-power, making it perfect for all my tricks—like backloops, takas, and wave rides.”
This Ezzy Zeta is powerful, easy to control, and equally at home on a wave at Hookipa or screaming across your bay on a windy afternoon.
WHAT MAKES THE ZETA DIFFERENT?
The Zeta is a powerful wave sail designed for onshore conditions and heavier riders. The extra power and stability in the sail's profile are balanced by the luff panel, which gives the Zeta its easy maneuverability. You get a "locked-in-and-go" feeling off the beach but jibes, jumps, and wave rides are still easy.
We work with the best high-tech cloth manufacturers in the world to have material that is strong but also light and high-performance. The same materials and techniques are used by the aerospace and military sectors for no-compromise quality. The Zeta is built to last through assaults like sharp asphalt, big waves, and coral reefs.
When the conditions are good, you want to get on the water as fast as possible and have your sail rigged perfectly. Traditionally, this is a tradeoff. But with the Zeta's calibrated rigging, you can tune your downhaul in seconds. Each and every sail is rigged and calibrated in the Ezzy Sails factory. Simply, downhaul till the bottom of your mast lines up with the desired setting: Max, Mid, Min 1, or Min 2 (for extra light winds).
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS®Epoxy battens
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter.
- 100% Technora® Warp Scrim, Trilite and Spectra® X-Film,High Density Spectra® X-Film
- Removable custom 316 marine grade stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley (swap to D Ring)
- Weft-Stop Sleeve tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
Ezzy 2019 Zeta Specs
|Size Sq.M||Min Luff cm
||Max Luff cm||Min Boom cm
||Max Boom cm
||Ezzy Mast Base/Top||Extension||Weight Kg||Battens|
See Zeta Catalogue
See Zeta Rigging Guide
See Calibrated Downhaul guide HERE
Ezzy 2020 Zeta 5 Batten Blue White