Pod Hand Body Soul Max 5 Handboard
Pod Handboards Pod Hand Body Soul Max 5 HandboardOur customers love the outstanding performance and durability of our Australian made solid plastic Pod Handboards - No. 1 Bodysurfing Handboard. To celebrate 30years of handboard manufacturing and 25years as a company, Shane Vassallo has now designed the new Hand Body Soul® Max 5 plywood...
Our customers love the outstanding performance and durability of our Australian made solid plastic Pod Handboards - No. 1 Bodysurfing Handboard.
To celebrate 30years of handboard manufacturing and 25years as a company, Shane Vassallo has now designed the new Hand Body Soul® Max 5 plywood hand board range. Also, a new 316-Grade stainless steel webbing hand-strap bridge.
Versatile bodysurfing experience - Now you can ride a POD handboard either way
Just like the POD logo ambigram (can be turned 180 degrees still reads the same), now for the very first time in bodysurfing! Shane has also designed this new versatile Hand Body Soul® bodysurfing handplanes that you can ride either way!
Long Handboard Position
Have the nose (most extended section of the board) in front of your hand for the extra planing surface on full waves.
Short Handboard Position
Turn the board (180 degrees) the other way and have the tail (short section) in front of your hand for barrelling waves.
You make a choice it is in your hands – The decision is in your Bodysurfing – Naturally
Also, the new ultra-light Max 5 cottonwood 380mm or 15" hand board shape, "maximises" the board's planing surface area. In conjunction with the concave, provides the maximum lift, speed, and control in the surf.
Remarkably, this hand surfer is the exact length and width with less weight compare to the classic robust plastic model, with the extra advantage maximising the surface area, providing better hydrodynamic and glide abilities when bodysurfing across the wall of the wave.
So, if you’re looking for the extra lift, speed, and control body surfing across the wall of the wave? Then our new hand finished Max 5 wooden POD Handboard should be on the top of your list!
Convex = Comfort in the palm of your hand
Concave = Optimum Lift, Speed, and Control in the surf
The concave bottom is explicitly engineering for rapid lift versus force; this will assist in your body surfing and wave-holding skills without your board sliding downwards!
Our Hand Body Soul® wooden range convex surface keeps your hand in the natural swimming position.
Also, the double padded hand board strap and palm deck grip makes them comfortable to use.
A bodysurfing hand board or hand plane should have neutral buoyancy; they are more comfortable to swim with when cutting into the surface of the water with no extra load to your swimming stroke, also its more accessible to stroke the board to the middle of your body maintaining excellent balance.
Body-surfing hand-planes that are over buoyant make it challenging to cut into the surface of the water while swimming, it also adds extra load to your hand, wrist and arm, furthermore twisting your body to one side.
Hand Body Soul® Max 5 Features
- Precise CNC machining (Computer Numerical Control) and hand finished
- Laser cut registered trademarks
- Hand sprayed and hand assembled
- 380mm or 15" hand board, "maximises" the board's gliding surface area
- Five-ply cottonwood laminate construction is lightweight, flexible, durable and neutral buoyancy.
- Your hand is placed on over the convex deck surface and strap in the natural swimming position, directly above the board’s pivot point
- Extra comfort double-padded neoprene hand strap, includes under palm deck grip and wrist leash
- Left-handed users can change the wrist cord to the left side or your preferred bodysurfing choice or wave conditions = Long or Short Handboard Position
- Concave bottom ensures rapid elevation "lift force" and increased wave-holding capability
- *Note: We highly recommend adjusting your hand strap once over your hand. So with further use slide your hand in between the strap and the deck grip.
- As a result, this will ensure the Velcro remains attached and lasts for many years. POD Handboards replace set.
- POD Handboard Tips are available at the following link, www.podware.com.au/handboard-tips.
- Body surfing hand boards; also known as hand planes or hand surfers.
Pod Hand Body Soul Max 5 Handboard