2018 Ezzy Lion Red
Ezzy Windsurfing Sails 2018 Ezzy Lion RedQuick to rig, the Ezzy Lion is one of our favorite sails because it makes going fast no-hassle. Highlights include: - Twin Cambers The Lion's twin cambers rotate effortlessly and can fit any mast built within the past 30 years. - Narrow Sleeve The narrow sleeve doesn't fill with...
Quick to rig, the Ezzy Lion is one of our favorite sails because it makes going fast no-hassle.
- Twin Cambers The Lion's twin cambers rotate effortlessly and can fit any mast built within the past 30 years.
- Narrow Sleeve The narrow sleeve doesn't fill with water which makes uphauling and water-starting a whole lot easier.
- Highest Tech Materials The Dyneema reinforced X-Ply and the Scrim-X are as light as monofilm, but they are exponentially more durable and have twice the UV longevity.
The Lion is a race sail stripped of everything that makes race sails difficult. The luff sleeve is narrow and easier to waterstart or uphaul than a wide sleeve that fills up with water. Like the previous Lion sails, the 2018 Lion rigs on all RDM and SDM masts. And, like all Ezzy Sails, the 2018 Lion is built to last.
Here’s the scenario: your mates are sailing race sails with wide-sleeves, cut-in clews, and monofilm panels. You show up with your new Lion. They take one glance at the Lion’s narrow mast sleeve and the non-monofilm panels, and they think they will sail circles around you. Now here’s the fun part: you line up with them on a reach, let them get a bit ahead, and then you sheet in. As the Lion accelerates, they will wonder what's happening, but it is only after you pass them—and they try to keep up with you but can’t—that they will be truly pissed off. Back on the beach, your deflated friends will be fuming with questions. How can a twin-cam, narrow-luffsleeve sail that looks bulletproof go so fast? And why doesn’t the Lion have a cut in clew like every other kind of cambered sail? First, you will explain that the Lion’s twin cambers rotate effortlessly and can fit any mast built within the past 30 years—for full effect, pause and condescendingly look at your friends as if they are the kind of sailor who might have a mast from the early 90’s—either RDM or SDM. You can also add that the narrow sleeve doesn’t fill up with water which makes uphauling and water-starting a whole lot easier than with a wider sleeve. Concerning the cut-in clew, or lack of, you can say that David Ezzy says a leech cut-in kills the low-end and stability of a sail. The more the lower leech moves, the more unstable the sail is. He wants an increasing tension from the head to the clew. Cutting the leech disturbs this important tension progression. Next, explain the materials. The Dyneema reinforced X- Ply and the Scrim-X are as light as monofilm, but they are exponentially more durable and have twice the UV longevity. To get them really jealous, show them the Lion’s calibrated rigging system. And explain all you do is downhaul until the gauge lines up with the mast. 100% accuracy every time you rig without any guesswork. No other cambered sail in the world has anything like it. Oh, and don’t forget to mention that every Lion is rigged, tuned, and inspected in the Ezzy factory. Piss off your mates.... get the Lion
|Size Sq Metres||Luff Min cm||Luff Max cm||Boom Min cm||Boom Max cm||# of Battens||Weight Kg||Rec Mast|
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS Epoxy battens
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- 100% Technora Warp Scrim, White and Colour fusion Trilite and Spectra X-Film,High Density Spectra X-Film
- Removable stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley which can be replaced with a D-ring
- Very tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board's texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endrobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy's Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.
Click Here For Lion Rigging Video
Click Here for Lion Rigging Guide
Click Here for LionCamber Installation
2018 Ezzy Lion Red